Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Something wicked this way comes....blog hop


Witchy toes
 When Soma announced that she was looking for designers to submit blocks for a Halloween-themed paper-pieced blog hop, I was all over it. I love Halloween, it's probably my favorite holiday. All those costumes, decorations, pumpkins and creepy ghoulishness appeals to my quirky sense of humor. Love-it!

Trying to narrow down an idea for my block for the blog hop was considerably tougher. I finally settled on these witchy feet.

So here is the Day 4 design for the Halloween paper pieced blog hop.
 

The block is 10.5 x10.5" (a 10" square block when finished).

Pattern pieces for this block can be downloaded here.

Piecing instructions can be found here.
ETD: NOTE  Piece Q1 runs off the page and the last section of it is on page 5.  You have to tape/glue them together before you can sew.
NOTE2 - in the piecing guide the pieces A2 and A3 are mislabelled.  A2 should be labelled A3 and vice versa.

Cheers
Caroline

I hope you like the block. This is my first time participating in a blog hop and so far I'm having a blast with all the creativity flowing around.


Stayed tuned to Soma's blog as there will be a new Halloween-themed block every day this month!
That's a lot of ghoulish goodness!

Halloween

Happy Halloween and Happy Sewing!



31 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh my gosh!! This is adorable! I'm definitely going to give it a whirl. Thanks so much!

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Bee Craft Inspirations, under the Page 2 post on Oct. 04, 2012. Thanks again.

Sparky said...

oh my delicious colors and pattern..love to make this too...although I can't say it would look half as nice as yours...how do we get the download..it said I need permission

The Thimblemouse of Country Crossroads said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the FEET!!!! I can't wait to make them! Thanks!!!

Sally said...

it says I "need permission to access this item." So, I'm requesting access from the owner (you)

Sally said...

Work's just fine now!! Love this block-my fav! Thanks for sharing your talent!

Karen in Tucson said...

Great block -- full of whimsy!!

Thanks so much for sharing.

Kelli said...

Wow!!! Amazing. I love your little witchy feet. Great job!

Sparky said...

Thanks Carolyn...ok printed and off I go....
again...yours will be hard to beat..

Diana said...

Oh, how cute!! I love your halloween block. Thank you so much!

Karen in Tucson said...

Great block -- full of whimsy.
Thanks so much for sharing.

gaya said...

Love it, the colors are just perfect!!!

Jessica said...

Brilliant design! I love her striped stockings and pointy boots!

Judith said...

I love the witches toes pattern! This is sweet and will have to make this pattern for my girls. Thank you for sharing today...Judith, Texas

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Caroline, I LOVE the pillow!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Caroline!!! It's working perfectly now! I've been cackling a lot today, so it's perfect for me! Hugs, Ruth

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a cute, cute pillow! Thanks for sharing!

Wendy said...

I love this design! I'm not into Halloween personally, but this I do love. thanks so much for sharing.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

What a great block Caroline!
p.s. I pictured my iPhone wristlet on my last blog post and everyone is asking for the pattern so I'm sending them your way!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

This is a fabulous block. Great shoes and wonderful stockings! I also love your texty marina's compass below :)

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

This is so funny, cute, and excellent....thanks for the pattern

Texas JennyWren said...

What fun!! LOVE her tights!!

Diana LaMarre said...

What a great whimsical Halloween block.
Thank you for sharing. I can't wait to make one.

Brigitte said...

thank you so much, I love the witches shoes. Saw The Wicked last year in Hollywood ;)
greetings from Germany
Brigitte

Unknown said...

The last page doesn't seem correct. The pattern pieces are running off of the edge of the page.

Caroline ~ TrilliumDesign said...

Lisa LeBlanc
Yes that's correct. You have to join some of the pieces together before you sew them. Piece Q1 runs off the page and the last section of it is on page 5. You have to tape them together before you can sew.

Lisaluvz2kwilt said...

Thank you so much for your time! I accidentally sent you an email before seeing this comment. Thank you!

Angelikas quilts and knits said...

Thank You so much for sharing :-)

Happy quilting
Angelika

Unknown said...

call me crazy, but I downloaded and checked pieces before I cut fabric, and there are pieces so small I think it must be impossible to do, and especially A1 A2 A3 do not fit together on the pattern????

Unknown said...

Also, I did check size of print, since I have done alot of foundation and paper piecing so that is not a factor for me...just to clarify

Caroline ~ TrilliumDesign said...

Cindy Hawkins - if you email me directly I can help you out. The block finishes at 10.5" so some of the pieces are quite small but should be big enough to sew together. The A1 A2 and A3 pieces make up the right shoe of the witch. They are marked on the sewing guide.